Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MY 2008, A HUGE LEARNING CURVE


2008 was a challenging year for me in so many ways.
I have been a Christian for about ten years, serve the Lord in many capacities and been through a lot of challenges in the past, but the challenges of 2008 was unique in so many ways.
I saw a personality shift within myself. I can’t count the number of times I went before the Lord to question his decisions and many times I wondered why GOD does things in a certain way.
There are many times People and I also encourage myself that “May be God want to Shape and modify you”, but then I ask God this particular question
“God, is there no better way of shaping people and modifying behaviors?”

God used my trip to the united state of American in November 2008 to change a lot in my life.
My plan to go to the states was to visit family, fulfill the condition of my visa and also look for job.
Fortunately or unfortunately, I could not find a job in the state, so I spent the two months staying home, spending time with family and seeking the Lord.
Some say absence from the stressors in New Zealand was good, meeting your loved ones you have not seen for over six years might help. Though all was good, but to me, the time spent seeking the Lord while I was away brought a lot of changes in my life and refreshment in my spirit.

How the Lord did it was through the song VOICE OF TRUTH. This song was not just good, but the lyrics ministered to me in away that it could bring me on my knee and I felt God speaking into spirit through the song.

I got back to New Zealand saying to myself I have a new beginning and a new start. I remember saying to the devil on my return “That was a good shot, you should have knocked me down completely when you had the chance, but too late now”

I look back in 2008 and I see growth and maturity and character formation and say God, thanks for taking me through this and I see a change and transformation in character.

I thank God and also want to thank Charles A-Dwamena(Brother) and family, Nicky, Li Hsien, Sarah, my Zion Life group members, Leaders and all members of Hope church for the encouragement, my Korean friends at school. You guys are just great. God bless you all.

NB: Hey Beck’s thanks, for all your random text messages in 2008, was good to know someone was also thinking about you when ever the text message pops out.

My mom was awesome, great to have a godly mother to stand by you and encourages you all the time, Florence Gyanewa you Rocks.

I really cant go through the List of people to say thanks to, but I really thank the Lord for all my friends and families, you guys are just great.

I have attached the song VOICE OF TRUTH, you can listen to it.
SHALOM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Bro,
Great to how the great LORD is been doing for you,
I am impressed by your story and strong character.
I am amazed how during your stuggles, you could still provide support for me during my difficult times. You have a strong characyer to handle you pain and help carry that of others as well.

Desmond(Canada)

Anonymous said...

Wo hoo you remembered you blog!

~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

http://travail.weblog.com/